WhereIsMyTransport is hiring an experienced Full-stack Engineer. You will be building scalable, elegant web applications that impact people’s lives.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining innovative, world-class public transport data collection tools. You will work within a team of full-stack, front-end and mobile developers, collaborating closely with a Product Designer and Product Manager in an agile environment running Scrum development methodologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop our suite of data collection and mapping products, using .NET Core and React (Redux)
- Engage with the team’s Product Manager and Designer to deliver a world-class set of products for our customers
- Engage with the Technology Lead in the team to ensure adherence to best practises and scalability of our products
- Become a trusted member of the technology team. Coach and mentor Software Engineers
- Drive best practices, decision making and technical excellence within the technology team
- Continuously strive to improve our architecture, systems and processes
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Design and implement maintainable & reliable code
- Write unit, integration and load tests for new and existing code
- Be responsible for technical documentation
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience, preferably .NET Core
- Cloud-based infrastructure experience
- Strong knowledge of the full SDLC
- Restful API design experience
- Previous experience with line management or mentoring
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts in a multidisciplinary environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in React
- BSc in Computer Science
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Worked on open source projects
- Accountable; you take on ownership, “it’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary
- Vocal; you like to challenge but will commit once a decision is reached
- Innovative; you continuously look to improve and simplify our products and processes
- Curious; you love to learn new things and are actively seeking out feedback
- Friendly; you have a positive attitude, communicate well and are a team player
- Full of grit; you have passion and perseverance
We are tackling fundamental urban development issues in emerging markets in order to build the definitive digital solution for sustainable urban mobility. Mobility remains a critical stumbling block for hundreds of millions of people living without reliable access to public transport services; lacking the basic freedom of movement they need to change their circumstances.
Our award-winning data and technology unlocks information - it makes the invisible visible - and, by getting the right information to the right people at the right time, in a format they love, we are making public transport more accessible, more predictable, easier to navigate, and safer to use for everyone, everywhere.
To be successful, our team of people - around the world - must be as diverse as the populations that use our data and technology to improve their lives, and as inclusive as the solutions we develop for them. We celebrate difference - race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. This is how we grow…
How to Apply
If this is you all over, please send your CV to [email protected], along with a note that’ll make us sit up and pay attention.
We aim to reply to all applications, but if you haven’t received any feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that we have not selected you to proceed to the next stage.