Head of Office Operations
WhereIsMyTransport is hiring a highly organised, energetic, office manager to join our growing team in Cape Town. The Head of Office Operations will own all aspects of office management, working directly with the executive leadership team and managing a small team of support staff.
As the company scales globally, the scope for this role will grow alongside it, ensuring consistent support for a business with a clear mission and purpose; using technology to help billions of people in the world’s largest low- and middle-income cities improve their experience using public transport.
Overview of activities and responsibilities
- Oversee the smooth running of our offices, thinking creatively about the environment we operate in, improving and innovating for efficiency and productivity. This includes:
- Directing and managing the office operations team: reception, facilities, IT support
- Supporting the leadership team as a trusted right-hand
- Booking world-wide company travel
- Managing vendor relations; new client on-boarding and off-boarding
- Partnering with HC to drive culture and support employee onboarding and offboarding
- Business and office administration and management, including budgets, facilities, supplies, partners, etc
- Developing and managing operational systems as the business grows
- Planning and executing events, projects and activities: internal/external, on/off site
- Preparing documents and presentations - digital and print - for events (internal and external), client meetings, etc
- Owning team well-being, including health and safety
- Managing company calendars and inboxes
- Preparing people and premises for meetings
- 5+ years experience in Office Management, possibly including EA responsibilities
- A background working with cross-cultural and/or international teams
- Legal skills or experience (not a must, but advantageous)
- You are commercially savvy and understand how businesses work
- You’re adaptable and resilient, and thrive in situations where change is the norm
- You’re an intellectual with an innate need to understand to know how things work; you love learning new skills and applying your intelligence to problem-solving
- You are tech savvy and know your way around G Suite and the day-to-day tools and technologies of business
- You are bright, energetic, super-organised and hardworking
- You love efficiency, making things happen and getting things done
- You have high levels of professional and emotional intelligence and have a track record of success working within teams
- You love to juggle and are a Jill/Jack of all trades
- You know how to communicate and negotiate, and you write beautifully
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability; you also know how to delegate
- You understand confidentiality and integrity and uphold these values at all times
- You work quickly and accurately without sacrificing on details
We are tackling fundamental urban development issues in emerging markets in order to build the definitive digital solution for sustainable urban mobility.
Mobility remains a critical stumbling block for hundreds of millions of people living without reliable access to public transport services; lacking the basic freedom of movement they need to change their circumstances.
Our award-winning data and technology unlocks information - it makes the invisible visible - and, by getting the right information to the right people at the right time, in a format they love, we are making public transport more accessible, more predictable, easier to navigate, and safer to use for everyone, everywhere.
To be successful, our team of people - around the world - must be as diverse as the populations that use our data and technology to improve their lives, and as inclusive as the solutions we develop for them.
We celebrate difference - race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. This is how we grow…
How to Apply
If this is you all over, please send your CV to [email protected], along with a note that’ll make us sit up and pay attention.
We aim to reply to all applications, but if you haven’t received any feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that we have not selected you to proceed to the next stage.