Marketing Manager - User Aquisition
WhereIsMyTransport is looking for an Acquisition Manager to work alongside the consumer product team in launching and growing mobile products within selected international markets. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the marketing plan in line with overall company goals.
Overview of activities and responsibilities
- Understand key market players / competitors in our target countries and markets
- Design and implement marketing campaigns to attract and retain users
- Deliver against targets set out for user acquisition to meet company KPIs
- Source and work with partners in target regions to reach goals and grow relationships for maximum value
- Collaborate with our data product team to leverage existing communities within target markets;
- Manage and report on marketing budgets to ensure all money is spent effectively
- Optimize and report on individual campaigns and overall impact
- Manage all creative requirements; measure and report on effectiveness
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to ensure that product enhancements are made to increase conversion rates along the user journey
- Constantly work to bring the ‘right’ types of users to our products to deliver maximum results in terms of ongoing engagement
- Source and grow networks and communities (beyond traditional methods) that will aid in our acquisition strategies
- Bring creative thinking to the acquisition needs of each product and test and report on these methods
- A minimum of 5 years in a marketing / user acquisition role
- A proven track record in customer acquisition, ideally for consumer mobile / app products
- Extensive experience with app launches across various markets, ideally internationally in regions such as Africa, Latin America, or Asia
- Strong network and relationship building skills
- A detailed understanding of analytics and how these impact products
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A strong communicator and active listener; you value others’ diversity: ideas, experience, culture, skills, and thinking
- Accountable for your own work, and supportive of ownership in others. You’ll never knowingly let your team down - “It’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary
- Always looking for ways to work ‘smarter’ - iterating and experimenting to achieve outcomes more efficiently. You’re not afraid to constructively challenge the ideas of others, but when a decision has been made you commit to it fully
- Comfortable in uncertainty, able to take calculated risks and work with a strong sense of urgency
- An entrepreneurial thinker: you keep informed of what we’re striving for and stay focused. You think deeply about the ‘why’ of everything you plan to do and how it will drive us toward our mission
- Able to remain positive, lifting up those around you; you see failure as a valuable learning experience
In the Majority World, mobility is still a critical stumbling block for billions of people who live without reliable access to public transport services; lacking the basic freedom of movement they need to improve their life situation.
We’re working hard to change that - using data and technology to develop innovative solutions for sustainable urban mobility. In short, we believe that everyone - everywhere - should be able to get where they need to go using reliable, safe, and accessible public transport.
That’s our mission. And our people are key to its success. We know that this growing team of people - around the world - must be as diverse as the populations that use our data and technology to improve their lives, and as inclusive as the solutions we develop for them. We celebrate difference - race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin.
How to Apply
Get in touch with us: [email protected]
Send us your CV/portfolio as a link or pdf, along with a note that’ll make us sit up and pay attention.
We aim to reply to all applications, but if you haven’t received any feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that we have not selected you to proceed to the next stage.