Senior Data Engineer
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer who will work on collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing big sets of data. Your main focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, as well as maintaining, implementing, and monitoring these. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the systems architecture used across the company.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain data architectures (such as DBs and large-scale processing systems)
- Ensure data architecture meets the requirements of data scientist and business stakeholders
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems
- Recommend, sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Recommend best fit solution based on current business budgets
- Work closely with the software engineering teams as well as data science/ BI developer(s)
- Develop set processes for modeling, mining and production
- Champion data & metrics across the organisation
- Discovery opportunities for data acquisition
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Cloud-based infrastructure experience
- Programming experience in languages such as Python, Scala, Java
- Experience with transactional databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with no-sql databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, etc)
- Experience with Redshift, Google BigQuery or similar
- Experience with building ELT and ETL pipelines, data modeling and query performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of the full SDLC
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts in a multidisciplinary environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in .NET Core
- BSc in Computer Science
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Worked on open source projects
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Actively mentored other Software Engineers
- A strong communicator and active listener; you value others’ diversity: ideas, experience, culture, skills, and thinking
- Accountable for your own work, and supportive of ownership in others. You’ll never knowingly let your team down - “It’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary
- Always looking for ways to work ‘smarter’ - iterating and experimenting to achieve outcomes more efficiently. You’re not afraid to constructively challenge the ideas of others, but when a decision has been made you commit to it fully
- Comfortable in uncertainty, able to take calculated risks and work with a strong sense of urgency
- An entrepreneurial thinker: you keep informed of what we’re striving for and stay focused. You think deeply about the ‘why’ of everything you plan to do and how it will drive us toward our mission
- Able to remain positive, lifting up those around you; you see failure as a valuable learning experience
We are tackling fundamental urban development issues in emerging markets in order to build the definitive digital solution for sustainable urban mobility.
Mobility remains a critical stumbling block for hundreds of millions of people living without reliable access to public transport services; lacking the basic freedom of movement they need to change their circumstances.
Our data and technology unlocks information - it makes the invisible visible - and, by getting the right information to the right people at the right time, in a format they love, we are making public transport more accessible, more predictable, easier to navigate, and safer to use for everyone, everywhere.
To be successful, our team of people - around the world - must be as diverse as the populations that use our data and technology to improve their lives, and as inclusive as the solutions we develop for them. We celebrate difference - race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. This is how we grow…
How to Apply
Get in touch with us - send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
We aim to reply to all applications, but if you haven’t received any feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that we have not selected you to proceed to the next stage.