The public transport app for emerging markets
Rumbo is a one-of-a-kind public transport app. In emerging markets, more than two thirds of the population rely on public transport, but lack access to reliable information. Rumbo overcomes this. Powered by WhereIsMyTransport's data from all formal and informal modes of public transport, as well as crowdsourced data, Rumbo helps people solve their public transport problems. By tapping into the pulse of a city, Rumbo is enabling a new relationship between cities, citizens, and service providers.
Features that improve the public transport experience
WhereIsMyTransport’s first public transport app in Mexico City, Lima, and Bangkok, Rumbo is designed to help commuters get around by public transport, providing:
- Complete data for all formal and informal modes of public transport: The only app with reliable information from every mode of public transport.
- Real-Time Alerts for all modes of public transport: Alerts and alternatives for when journeys don’t go to plan, helping people plan ahead, saving time and money.
- Fully localised journey planner: Filterable transport modes, saved journeys, and statuses shared via WhatsApp and other channels.
For our users, Rumbo is vital for getting around sprawling megacities, securing confidence in the journeys they plan, and improving their public transport experience. Learn more about Rumbo:
The pulse of the city
Rumbo’s lower-income user base have—until now—been underserved by mass-market solutions. Hundreds of thousands of people turn to Rumbo for reliable journey information, and for peace of mind.
- Informed journeying: The information people need to make smart decisions on their daily journeys.
- Hyperlocal experience: A public transport app designed for their city—not another generic, global app.
- Commuter Community: Rumbo users are part of the solution to improve the commuting experience.
- Peace of Mind: People using Rumbo feel calmer, happier, and safer on their daily commutes.
Rumbo is a consumer product designed by local people, for local people. By meeting the needs of local communities in Mexico City, Lima, and Bangkok, Rumbo has established itself as a unique app that people value and trust.
“WhereIsMyTransport’s data makes it easier to understand emerging markets. We saw that with the development of Rumbo, now being rolled out across multiple geographies.”
Interested in finding out more?
Unique tools, on-the-ground expertise, and smart methodology get unrivalled public transport insights to our engaged community of Rumbo users. See how our offering can help grow your business.